What does it mean?

Any Spanish used in blog posts is hyperlinked to its English translation.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pregnancy symptoms

I have none.

Well, almost none. At 7 1/2 weeks, I ought to have morning sickness if I am going to get it. But I don't. I don't have headaches, and I no longer have extreme exhaustion (or I am ignoring it, also possible).

The rundown right now is just this:
  • sore nipples (which I don't even notice because it's been a month, so it's my new normal)
  • have to pee kind of a lot
  • I feel bad/vaguely ill/gross more often than hungry, but eating fixes that
  • eating is much less fun
I love to eat. Eating and having coffee is what makes each work day fun. Now in the late afternoons I feel doldrum-y from 3-6 or so. I still eat (so I don't feel crappy) but it's not the psychological pick-me-up it was before.

Today I wanted Joy Yee's lemon basil stirfry for lunch. But I knew if I went down there, ordered, and waited for my food, I would eat two bites and again feel "meh."

The little things in life should bring joy. I hope this "whatever, I'll eat it" response to food goes away after the Guajolote gets here and I can be thrilled again about leftover cornbread with jam and afternoon coffee.


Post script: maybe since I am eating before I identify that I am hungry, the food is less enjoyable?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've taken out Word Verification and enabled backlinks to be more commenter-friendly. Sorry for any earlier inconvenience!