What does it mean?

Any Spanish used in blog posts is hyperlinked to its English translation.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Wiggly baby!

That title's just for clarity. You'd never guess this was a baby. It feels sort of like a fish, or other Unidentified (Floating) Object that spins suddenly, the wiggles off.

18 weeks.

I can feel this (small) Sweet Potato when he/it spins right in the middle. Last night, The Hottest Computer Scientist in the Universe was already asleep and I experimented. Lying on my back, I put my hand over where the spinning was and just waited. Two times I could feel it with my hand from the exterior (not just the interior). But it would take a good 45-1hr of motionless waiting to guarantee THCSITU would get to feel something. So it wasn't fair to wake him for that.

I am still a little freaked out by the nuchal scan ultrasound. The Guajolote was just lying at the bottom of the placenta, which was at the bottom of the uterus - and flopping like a fish out of water. Not floating, not wiggling. Definitely flopping on his/its side.

Our next prenatal appointment is tomorrow. I am hopeful that I will have surpassed my previous lifetime max weight. Looking at my behind and thighs, it seems a sure bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've taken out Word Verification and enabled backlinks to be more commenter-friendly. Sorry for any earlier inconvenience!